View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 19:27   #34
davemac
Senior Member+

Re: fourpence to the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yes, I remember all those things....the long drop, the binoil, the coaloil......the tin bath and filling the copper on Friday night for bath night. reading bits of the newspaper before using it..........!
They were happy days, even if we didn't have much...life was much less complicated, people seemed gentler...more ready to help out if you needed a hand.

I get where you are coming from........technology has influenced so many things, things we could never have dreamed of...but whether life is truly better because of them....well, some things are I suppose. But I wouldn't swap my childhood for the ones that the children of today have.
when we look back at our childhood, and the things we had then, and were happier! would we have felt the same if we had to worry about a mortgage or rent, the leccy and gas bill.

Some things I wish were still here, but I am glad I dont have to put my bum on the bottom of a galvanised bath in winter, or having to take a shovel accross the yard clearing snow before I can perform. (sorry to put that vision in your head)

davemac is offline   Reply With Quote