View Single Post
Old 16-01-2012, 17:36   #97
sm_counsell

re: Dare I ask? Does anyone like Motown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
I'm not saying I was one of the originals, not by a long chalk, but I first got into the Mod/Soul scene around 1967/68, as anyone who knows me on here will verify. And I'm not trying to upset anyone either.
What I'm merely trying to point out is that "It'll never be over for me" or many others of a similar age to us, (Many ex Wheel, Catacombs, VaVa's, MoJo's etc) who if circumstances allow, still regularly attend Soul Nights and all nighters up and down the country, not so much as a trip down memory lane but to celebrate a vibrant, thriving scene, where they can enjoy listening and dancing to "Oldies" "Current" "R&B" and "Ultra Rare" Soul music, with the added bonus of the odd "New Discovery" thrown in. Also many of these events offer the opportunity to purchace an odd 45 or two from record dealers or fellow collectors.

Yes, there will always be a certain amount of nostalgia, but at the moment, the soul scene is probably bigger than it ever was, but still retains a certain "underground" status, not having been hijacked by the money grabbing national media etc.

Long may it last. Keep The Faith!

I agree, Long may it last, and I wasn't really upset, just thought you were a 'youngster' getting a bit high-handed. I'm not an original either ( no where near Wynonie's level!!), just was around at the time this music was being played in some parts of the UK. Loved it then and still do, and I'm glad you are able to be part of the revival you mentioned. Keep posting!!
sm_counsell is offline   Reply With Quote