View Single Post
Old 16-01-2012, 21:39   #135
davemac
Senior Member+

Re: fourpence to the future

If you truly embrace the digital age with regard to photos you dont have to print them out, once on the computer you can view them on the computer, I sync them to my ipad and take that around with me(showing off there). Put them on a memory stick, and as most tellies today have a usb port, play them on the telly using the remote control.If you have a camera with a usb port(different to pc usb)you can port them straight to telly with the right lead.
Burn them to a cd or dvd and them play them in the dvd player. If you have a good burning program you can attach music and text. This is good if you have a family project. As has been said you can attach them to emails, upload them to social websites, and post them on here.

I think digital cameras have enthused people to take more photos.As you dont have to take them on film, rewind back into the cassetes, take to the shop for developing, go back to pick them up, look at them and think most of them are a waste of time, and lose enthusiasm

A former camera shop manager friend of mine used to comment that a large percentage of films developed had a picture of a christmas tree at both ends, and holiday snaps in the middle.

Things have moved on from a time when I used to load my grannies box brownie with paper rolled film.
File:Brownie2 overview.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote