Old 18-01-2012, 20:44   #40
cashman
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Allah v Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
They chose to come and live here...nobody forced them to come......so they should integrate.
It is as if they would have their culture diluted if they learned English.......so they would rather we diluted our culture to accommodate them...and we are just plain daft for doing it.
I saw hundreds of thousands of pounds wasted in the Health Service...printing booklets and information leaflets in numerous languages. These leaflets were very often unused .......because although the people speak the language, a lot of them don't actually read it(this most certainly applies to women)
Women who needed things translated used interpreters, again at a cost to the NHS........but frequently the husbands wanted to do the interpreting themselves.....so you can take from that what you will. Who can say what was being said to the women when the husbands acted as translators? But hey, that is the cynic in me that is talking.
Spot on, me point is- the authoritys have made it so theres no need.