Thread: The Tories
View Single Post
Old 19-01-2012, 14:00   #990
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: The Tories

Succesive British Goverrnments have not been keen to bail out failing companies, preferring to let them find a buyer...even if that buyer is from overseas(taking jobs out of the country)......and while there may be some places not suffering in the current financial crisis, they are the exception rather than the rule....certainly on this side of the pond.

Growth relies on sturdy market forces, and the market forces have been subdued for quite some time now........insecurity of the current situation in the Eurozone(to which you over there, seem to be immune) is not helping. There doesn't appear to be any kind of solution emerging....this despite all the meetings and summits organised by Merkel and Sarkozy......Britain is going to be asked to commit another 65 billion pounds to the IMF to shore up the Eurozone(and this won't be the last time we are asked I can assure you), when in all probability there is nothing to save the single currency........The government might have had some spare readies to put in, if the last lot(and I don't care what colour t heir coat was - I have no partisan feelings to any of the parties....they all wazz in the same pot) had not been so profligate in their spending.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote