Thread: Music Shop
View Single Post
Old 23-01-2012, 08:39   #1
Mog

Music Shop

Just been thinking about the old Accy that I knew in the early sixties. There was a Record shop opened on Blackburn road about 1963/1964. I think it was Mary,s but maybe wrong. There was an area down stairs where you listened to records. I used to know a young lass who worked there. Linda Wilkinson. The manager was a young guy. Bit of a lad with some kind of fast car. Cant remember his name but he was ok. Used to have parties late at night in the area downstairs and then this guy and myself with a couple of gals used to go to Manchester somewhere. I think this guy got killed in a car crash. Dont know if this shop is still there or what because I left in 1968. Dont know what happened to Linda, she was a nice girl went out with her for a while. Also remember some time in 62, waiting for the last bus with a young lady, think she was called (Barbara Slack). we were on Blackburn road one evening when there was a few explosions and the manhole covers on the pavements blew off. This was between the Railway pub and the town center. Never found out what caused it though.
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web