Thread: The Tories
View Single Post
Old 29-01-2012, 11:09   #1065
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: The Tories

Ah, but John, Mancie does not subscribe to the logic that much of what is being paid back is the debt that the previous administration left behind.
I would love to have seen the faces on the Labour cabinet if they had got back into power. How would they have explained away the financial mess? Better still, how would they have dealt with it......well of course they would have spent their way out of it with more borrowed money no doubt.

I actually don't care about who is in office/power....the colour of their blanket means nothing to me.
It is high time we distanced ourselves from the EU(hope you are reading this Graham)....we could save a few billion by not paying into the bailout pot which has no bottom to it.
We could save a few more billion by turning away some of the economic migrants who come to make their lives better, not ours.

We could tell the Bankers that these huge bonuses will not be paid...they will be redirected into paying off what the British taxpayer put in to keep them afloat(had they beeen car manufacturers or any other kind of manufacturer then they would have been left to sink - it was a Labour government that saved them....new Labour....a nice shade of lilac).
We could root out the grand corporations that evade tax....name them and shame them....if companies want to trade here then they pay their taxes here.

We tell all the London landlords charging exorbitant rents that their milk cow is being slaughtered. If they think that they can rent out these properties to those in the private sector - then let them try, and see how far they get.

If any money is going to be spent then it should not be on a high speed rail link, it should be on building affordable social housing. Wouldn't this stimulate the economy......builders would have work to do, kitchens and bathrooms would be purchased, paint and wall paper too....furniture would be bought, carpets etc.

But hey what do I know about anything?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote