View Single Post
Old 31-01-2012, 08:51   #8
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: NHS reforms..a mess?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
My personal experience with the NHS was a disgrace and made me realise that NHS needs change. This is partly because Doctors generally seem to think they know better! They don't always and should consider the patient - I've heard many many reports of Doctors being incompetent and the complaints procedure is inadequate! Are the tories going to change this? Probably not!

But they will change it so that private companies can make a lot of money!
Please elaborate were they will make these changes, always remembering that I've been treated by the NHS a hell of a site more than I would have like over the last 30 years, and but for those doctors, who you seem to think don't know what they are doing, I wouldn't have been here today. There are changes needed, we might start by removing the army of pen pushers who are now employed, a ratio of 1000 clinicians to 998 pen pushers, you tell me where else in the world would this be deemed acceptable to run any successful type of service, its a recipe for disaster. The last time I was in hospital in 2009, on admittance to the ward the sister sent around half an hour filling out a questionnaire about me, which ranged from if I could make a cuppa to did I wear a watch. When I ask what the reason for this "new" idea, she just shrugged her shoulders and said, suppose it keeps somebody busy down London

Last edited by Neil; 31-01-2012 at 15:39. Reason: swearing in quote
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote