View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 10:22   #177
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Going far too far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Gary I don't dismiss those who use it appropriately and gain enjoyment or enlightenment from it. Those who are mature enough(and that means you) to use it in a sensible way. If that floats their boat then I am happy for them.
But is does seem open to abuse, and when this abuse is pointed out to facebook's owners/moderators/those who run the site......it seems that there is little will for them to put a stop to it.

It also worries me that some young people are growing up with non-existent personal skills because they spend much of their time in faceless contact with these so called friends.

Like you, I have a phone which is rarely switched on....I don't send text messages either....my phone is there for my convenience...not that of other people.
Oh part of me agrees with you.

But shallowness isn't confined to the young, but can be seen in whole swathes of the society we live in today.

I blame Thatcher, for encouraging the concept of greed.

Whether that's people only thinking they're happy if they've bought the latest must-have gizmo...or them having a thousand 'friends' on Facebook.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote