View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 13:49   #336
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob View Post
My solution; scrap the control of drugs act. decriminalise the whole business. Target the importers and spend the rest of the money you save on education and treatment and rehabilitation of addicts and users.

Banning it does not work, it never has and it never will. You need to make it socially unnacceptable, like drink-driving, and the only way you do that is through education.
There's not a person in the country under the age of fifty, who hasn't had some sort of educational message about the danger of drugs.

People still take them.

Not everyone who smokes a joint will go on to be a heroin addict.

However every heroin addict starts off on 'soft' drugs, before moving on to smack.

Trouble with drugs, the human body soon gets used to them, and many people either increase their usage, or looks for a stronger drug, to replicate their inital high.

I hate to think what would happen to this country's feral youth, if they had access to legal narcotics.

Most of them struggle to get out of bed now, after a late night on the weed, in order to catch up with their friends and family on Jeremy Kyle.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote