Thread: Contrasts
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 17:43   #5
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Contrasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob View Post
Five months ago. Accrington Observer reported the sad death in combat of 24 year old Royal Marine David Fairbrother of 42 Commando, Royal Marines. Who was shot dead in an ambush in the village of Old Khorgajat, Afghhanistan. It was his first tour of duty.

He was remembered by his family, friends as quiet, driven and reliable. His mother described him as 'a devoted, beautiful and giving son. '

A fine example of a life dedicated to the service of his country cruelly cut short.

Take a good look at his photograph, posted here....

Goodbye to ?beautiful and devoted son? killed in Afghanistan | Accrington Observer - menmedia.co.uk

...and tell me, honestly, that you too could not weep at his loss.

Now, dry your eyes and think about what follows:

Have you ever, actually, met anyone who could be described as a member of what the government and media term 'the feral underclass'?

Sure there are one or two rogues living in and around our fair borough but that is more a case of high spirits, lack of opportunity and boredom really, isn't it?

Meet the Gilheaney family, as reported in today's Mail....

Margaret Gilheaney: 'She-devil' mother jailed for 10 years over unprovoked attacks | Mail Online

I read that in the mail too Bob, but I get slatted for mentioning the Mail on here