View Single Post
Old 17-02-2012, 15:44   #14
susie123
Resting In Peace

Re: The EU supports hanging....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Black puddings I can get by with boudin noir; but it ain't the real thing. And,come to think of it: the Full English Breakfast
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
I think Vimto should definitely be on the protected list.

Probably Dandelion and Burdock too...
I'm with Eric in his suggestion and Di has a point in that both those drinks are firmly associated with the north.

Not sure Margaret is right when she says The use of placenames for products produced elsewhere is the subject of this thread. but if we're talking regional products here what about Lancashire cheese? So far it hasn't travelled but who's to say what may happen if some big dairy gets their hands on it?

As for Lancs hotpot - had a ready meal one from Morrison's recently supposedly prepared to the recipe of local chef Nigel Haworth who says This is the exact recipe I use for all my hotpots, whether I’m making them at home for my family or at the restaurant. Well it wasn't a patch on my homemade and Margaret P has written a whole blog about it, and I don't see how you could protect the staus of that - it's a dish that many people make at home, not an ingredient.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/b...rts-again.html
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote