View Single Post
Old 19-02-2012, 21:36   #63
Karateman

Re: Bethel Chapel "walking" crusade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
No, not querying - just wanting to discuss the walking picture. The thread has moved away from the location. Am OK with yours on the chapel, but we have been wandering over Park Rd & Holland St. On 14th October 1943, the observer reported on the Renown Tyre & Rubber Co being destroyed by fire. I have a suspicion that this was the old Catholoic church. I will enquire.
I drive an ambulance around Accy every day so am actively looking for similar shop fronts to those in the picture.

Funnily enough the houses on Union rd just past the theatre on the left and those opposite the Bay Horse look similar flat stone work, but that then doesn't work with the Accy Corporation sign in the window.....No just re checked.... close, but its not right.

The secret to identifying it may lie with the brickwork above the upstairs windows that seems to jut out a tad beneath the guttering compared to the rest of the wall....and........is that a bus stop sign attached to the Lamp post....so must be on an old bus or tram route..no?

Phil

Last edited by Karateman; 19-02-2012 at 21:44.
Karateman is offline   Reply With Quote