View Single Post
Old 20-02-2012, 11:41   #73
susie123
Resting In Peace

Re: Bethel Chapel "walking" crusade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
We have not yet fixed a location for the walking photo. From Gatty Park it could be either of the Blackburn Rd suggestions.I am not ignoring the Gatty Park stuff, but want to bottom the street location.
I know that Bob but don't thiink the event was either a Barnes Street or an Ernest street one.

For a start the Barnes street chapel was called Bethel from its inception, long before the Bethel Crusaders of the 20s/30s who are shown in the photo. And has anyone found any evidence to link Ernest street with Bethel?

With regard to Elim, in 1933 a number of people left the Bethel churches or took their churches out of the Bethel movement, many of them joining the Assemblies of God, the Elim Pentecostal Church. I don't think Elim would have converted to Bethel after these doctrinal differences.

As to location of the walking photo, Cashy and others including you I believe Bob, have suggested opposite the top of Oxford street, the buildings between Fox street and Scaitcliffe street that no longer exist. As the other locations in Church that you suggest have also been demolished, does anyone have any old photos to lay this to rest?
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote