View Single Post
Old 22-02-2012, 14:19   #731
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnart View Post
Just heard a story today about a guy who took a "legal" drug (can't remember the name, it's some sort of plant feeder. Why anyone would want to put that into their bodies is beyond me :S same with ketamine :O )

They had to go to A&E because they had a severe reaction to it and basically made them have a heart attack. This was the 1st time they tried it.

They have decided to go back onto the illegal cannabis............

There are tonnes of "legal/herbal" drugs that are causing more harm than illegal drugs at the moment....... So would making illegal drugs legal, which we know the effects of more than these newer legal drugs, be safer?

Drugs are only sometimes classified as illegal after the effects have be analysed, so all these new legal drugs are only legal because they probably haven't been tested yet. When they are they will probably be found to be illegal aswell. Which means that people will start looking for another legal drug...untill that is make illegal, and so on..

I am personally anti-drugs, and don't think any of them are safe, but if someone wants to spark up, or take a pill, then it's their choice, who are we to stop them.
Although I do think that the only thing that making them illegal will do, is making people think "ow, actually, this may be more risky than I thought".
The drug that this guy took was Mephedrone.......also known as 'Bubble'...and you are right it is a common type of plant feed.

The only upside to making illegal drugs legal, is that they can be made to proper pharma standards....the government could exert some kind of safety control in the manufacture...this would not necessarily make drug taking safer, as they could impose a tax on drug use, which would then make a black market in drugs just as lucrative as ever.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote