View Single Post
Old 27-02-2012, 10:26   #18
Acrylic-bob
God Member

Re: General Election?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
if you don't vote, you have no right to complain.

I do not see that as a resident British Subject and Taxpayer my moral right to criticise or commend the actions of government is in any way impaired. Irrespective of whether I cast my vote, or not.

Quote:
There are local elections every year, tempered by periodical general elections to keep things really interesting.

I assume that was meant in a tongue-in-cheek sense.

Quote:
This is your chance to say how you feel so get out there and use it.
Perhaps if there was more of a general feeling that 'how you feel' was taken any notice of whatsoever, there might be an increase in voter participation.
Perhaps if our current MP had voted for his constituents instead of the party in the referendum debate. Perhaps if Local councilors paid more attention to local issues instead of pontificating on issues they know nothing about like, oh...I don't know... say... Kashmiri terrorists and then going into purdah for two months.

Quote:
'I don't vote' is leaving the doors wide open for idle chancers who just happen to be wearing the right badge.
Since the thread concerns Parliamentary Elections, could you possibly be referring to the current 'idle chancer'?