View Single Post
Old 28-02-2012, 12:18   #70
Acrylic-bob
God Member

Re: General Election?

Yesterday the fragrant Ken attempted to encourage the non-voters by implying that Local politics was interesting and exciting. Judging from his post of 7:45 this morning, as far as I can see it is more of the same old twaddle I have been hearing from both sides since I was old enough to have an opinion. Every time an election is in the offing we are treated to the same tired old garbage. The other side will make it more expensive, they will put up the rates, they have no policies we are the best thing since sliced bread etc.etc. on and on.

For crying out loud, Ken, give it a rest and change the bluddy record.

It is hardly surprising that 30% of the electorate don't vote. Indeed the only surpise is that the figure isn't higher. Tit-for-tat arguments are meant for the playground and political d*ck waving is not an acceptable substitute for mature, reasoned debate.
Have you learned nothing from the Britcliffe era?

And before you start whining on about vitriol and ridicule, you might profitably reflect on what it is about your performance and the performance of your colleagues that might give rise to such a response; though you will forgive me if I don't hold my breath while we wait.