View Single Post
Old 29-02-2012, 09:48   #36
susie123
Resting In Peace

Re: Where could this be then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karateman View Post
Looking at the building ends...there seems to be a really big distance between the top floor window and the bottom floor window (usuall a kitchen and a bathroom???)...surely bigger than one would expect, and they seem so much taller than your bog standard two story terraces. If they are terraces maybe we should be looking for larger than normal types.....

Also are there only two buildings we can see? The right hand building seems to have four upstairs windows, of which a couple seem to be a funny shape. I thought I could see some drainpipes but the windows are maybe partly hidden by something which might jut out a little further than the left hand part of the building. Maybe suggesting more than 2 buildings.

Just another observation..

Phil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karateman View Post
Zoom in on the windows very closely and you can see what I mean...maybe L shaped. I think we can see two ends to the right hand building, and why arent there any windows in the side of the left hand building?
I'm almost certain those are drainpipes - you can see a small pipe leading in to the RH one from the smaller window, probably the bathroom, of the RH half of the building. The equivalent window on the LH half of the building is partially hidden by the LH drainpipe.

If you look at the roof line of the gable end and ridge on the LH pair of houses it suggests that the two back additions are joined together. Also the lack of windows in the side elevation is because the ?bedroom window is on the end facing outwards rather than on the side where it would be looking down into the well between the houses, also no windows downstairs because that would have been either the passage to the back door or part of the kitchen, which already has a window at the back, if the back door was in the kitchen.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote