View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 19:54   #881
mobertol
God Member

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
so you are supporting a cruel blood sport Mobertol , one in which a bear is chained up and dogs are allowed to rip it apart! Is that what you like!

Also falconry is nothing like bear baiting two totally different things! Just like all drugs are totally different things, have different purposes and different effects!

I'm sure that those who have read my post have understood that it was made with irony, with the modern interpretation of "bear baiting" in mind -ie the tormenting of a victim, with words
Times change, Heny VIII found that sport highly entertaining as did most of his subjects. His friend, Robert, Earl of Dudley, is quoted as recounting how entertaining it was to see an Ass with an Ape tied to it's back fighting...and other such encounters in the pit.
The bloodsport of bear baiting was commonplace on this Isle until 1848, until the first Parliamentary Act against animal cruelty.
I would not like to witness it personally.
Whether it is "right" or not, some people will always throw themselves at the mercy of others, verbally. Their "look out". No one forces them to do it.

Is it better to torture animals in the name of sport or consider acceptable that the new generation of human beings be subjected to drugs as a norm?

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote