View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 20:05   #882
kestrelx
Senior Member+

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
I'm sure that those who have read my post have understood that it was made with irony, with the modern interpretation of "bear baiting" in mind -ie the tormenting of a victim, with words
Times change, Heny VIII found that sport highly entertaining as did most of his subjects. His friend, Robert, Earl of Dudley, is quoted as recounting how entertaining it was to see an Ass with an Ape tied to it's back fighting...and other such encounters in the pit.
The bloodsport of bear baiting was commonplace on this Isle until 1848, until the first Parliamentary Act against animal cruelty.
I would not like to witness it personally.
Whether it is "right" or not, some people will always throw themselves at the mercy of others, verbally. Their "look out". No one forces them to do it.

Is it better to torture animals in the name of sport or consider acceptable that the new generation of human beings be subjected to drugs as a norm?
Bull - shhhhhhhhhh! Bull baiting!

Garinda is a twite in my book! You support him if you want - and you are supporting a troll who is "up himself!" you wanna go up there as well feel free!

Tobbaco is a drug it is legal and more addictive than heroin this is a fact! Alcohol is a drug and more damaging than other drugs that are illegal. An individual should be able to take drugs it is their body and their decision! End of! Unfortunately the Government don't think so and in doing so allow criminals to sell other substances that are not what an individual may require thus putting that persons health at risk!

This argument can not be won so I put this argument to an end!

Last edited by kestrelx; 03-03-2012 at 20:14.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote