View Single Post
Old 15-03-2012, 08:37   #1102
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
But isn't there worse crimes that go without a custodial sentence the extra room could be used for?

Not that I would take coke or heroin, but it would of not been touched as it would be sealed, IMO the big shipments would come in via different methods.

I agree for certain crimes tent city would be a good option, keeping the cost down to the tax payer.

Do you know if you had an argument with the other half and went to sleep in the car with the keys in the vehicle, if you where drunk and the police arrived, you could and probably would be done for drunk and in charge of a vehicle.

Or morning after the night before, you think you fine but your just over the limit.

Do the above deserve a 5 year ban.

The people who don't care, the repeat offender would carry on driving regardless banned or not, licence or not.

Going of BG figure in 2007 - 83,975 people would be banned for 5 years, or life if a second offence, this would have a very big impact on a lot of lives.
If you have the care keys in your pocket and sat in the care any seat you deemed to be in charge, it also has a big impact on life when a drunk diver kills a loved one, to me if you kill somebody under the influence of drink its at best manslaughter at worse murder and driving without licence should be a mandatory 5 years in jail for the first offence