View Single Post
Old 24-03-2012, 18:57   #188
DaveinGermany
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Liverpool.. the road to the title 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
Try telling it to the poor season ticket holders who have paid through the noses to watch them win games, but the fact is there is not a lot left to play for in the League.
That shouldn't matter, the Liverpool of old played for pride & passion, self respect, with the ultimate aim of representing club & Country, most of the lads were Liverpool born & bred or if not from the City at least aspired to the ethos of Shankley & Paisley, Sadly there's far to many foreign influences within the game nowadays.

The influx of mercenary money orientated players/agents have destroyed the true meaning of a "Local" team. And while it may make for interesting ? Football, the pride & passion is missing in the big (money) leagues, that's why the likes of Stanley are far more worthwhile from a purely football point of view, okay they won't give the spectacle of big international games against the likes of Barca, Juve & Bayern, but what you get at the Crown is good honest to goodness, grass roots, warts & all Footy as it should be.