Thread: Negativity
View Single Post
Old 27-03-2012, 10:16   #10
maccawozzagod
God Member

Re: Negativity

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
its not about promotion macca or getting it , its about his positivity for the squad. ..
fair enough, but I/we don't know what has been said, is being said or whether he is just in reality a miserable git

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
You dont come into any season thinking of treading water, whatever squad, pitch, ground , training facilities you have..
well a manager certainly shouldn't but I suspect more than a few chairmen hope to finish as runners up in the play off final!

Its always a difficult thought process. As a club you have to want to evolve and improve but you have to do it in some kind of order. The Whalley/Coleman era was one where as much money as possible went into the squad and producing a winning team - but we are at the highest point in our history and crowds are poor. Had we put the same effort into infrastructure, right at the beginning, where would we be? We may have better facilities, we may have our own training ground, we may have crowds twice as large, we may have triple the income coming in through the success of whatever revenue streams we had created ... but we may only be playing in the Conference.

For my mind we can't afford to put anything into the squad whilst everything else is a hundred miles behind. If we accidentally trip over a good squad then of course you push for it .. but without stretching the finances. If we ever do go up then thats great but we need the club to be in the right place or we'll sink without a trace in League 1.

I'd love to have a sugar daddy in place who could have said to Coley last season "well done pal, what a good squad we have here, give them all a 10% pay rise and here's a few quid to improve the one or two areas of the squad you feel need it" but unless we get someone rich and giddy it'll never happen here.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote