View Single Post
Old 28-03-2012, 22:01   #1
Reamer
Full Member+

Senior Concession Age

After handing in my application for a Concession ST before the Oxford game, I have been stunned today to get a phone call from the club to say that the senior concession age has jumped from 60 to 65.
To quote from the fine print this is to ' to fall in line with the government's universal retirement age'.
This throws up the anomily of those who have already qualified in recent seasons but still not 65 paying £170/£190 whilst those who apply for reaching 60 now will be told they need to pay adult ST price £255/£285.
No thought seems to have gone into forewarning those approaching the previous concession age of 60 and neither does the club seem to have considered a phased introduction.
I've told them I'm not prepared to pay full adult price for another 5 years to qualify for a concession ST. I'm sure there are probably a more in the same boat as me and unless the club can come up with a compromise I can see more refusing too at a time when, to their credit, the club has held ST prices this year.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web