Thread: Alcohol/Canal
View Single Post
Old 29-03-2012, 18:08   #1
Restless
Senior Member+

Alcohol/Canal

I have been known to take a walk up coppice in nice weather(like what we had recently) and maybe I will take a few beers with me-- I always take them up inside a plastic bag inside my rucksack and I always bring them back home again for recycling.

I have been known to take a walk home from work via the canal and in the hot sunny days of summer-- I might get a couple of beers and walk back home with them in the sun.

Some may see this as antisocial behaviour-- Its not something I do all the time. Subjective to personal opinion I suppose.

Has anybody seen the work they have done on the canal? I guess it would be nice to ride a bike along there now. As I have gotten older-- I have grown to appreciate the nicer parts of Accrington. Its a nice walk along canal; skipping the cars, people and houses.

But this what peeed me off the other day-- I took a walk along canal from Clayton to Church as I was going to the doctors at the acorn centre. Whereabouts I leave the canal near Express Gifts-- I spotted a total mess.

Has anybody been this way lately?

I was in wonder how somebody can have so little appreciation(though obviously from what I said above-- I never had it growing up) for the effort made to make the canal tidy.

There must of been around 12-15 empty three litre bottles of cider, a dozen or so empty cans and empty vodka bottles. Has somebody had a big party here? Idiots-- what is wrong with taking the bottles home with you; or putting them in a bin or whatever.

Anybody that is nearby there should take a look-- I am left wondering if somebody at Express Gifts in Church cannot make it through a days work without having a drink or something.