Thread: Windows Eight
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 14:08   #86
SamF

Re: Windows Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
That's all well and good Sam, from previous posts I've sussed that your quite young (well in comparison to me that is)and have grown up computer savvy, I'm to long in the tooth to change really and only know where the on button is on my computer but I don't have that much trouble really, so I'm quite happy to cart on
Never to old to learn, my girlfriend's grandma is a Photoshop genius.

Fair enough if you are not interested enough to want to try it I totally understand that, but what I was trying to say, perhaps not too well having been up since the small hours as I'm on call with work, was that if you were to put the initial effort in to get you're head around a relatively simple install process the amount of maintenance required is almost non-existent in comparison with a Windows machine, meaning a lot less stress and effort in the long run.

Linux has always been the best option for the power users but more and more it's becoming the best choice for someone who doesn't give a damn about what they have on their computer they just want to be able to get on the internet.

Entwisi - good shout on the root crontab idea - I've also been thinking on getting relatives to install some RDP software so I can just remote log onto their machines rather than having to travel back to Lancashire - know of any good solutions ?
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote