Thread: Windows Eight
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 08:42   #111
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Windows Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Margaret-- The only worry I have about you doing this is if you did something wrong and you wiped vista (of course by doing this you would have a better operating system installed) Just make sure no files are on the computer that you need. Make sure they are backed up. That way nothing is lost.

Remember you can't break a computer by installing an OS.

I really doubt this will happen because the easier option on the installer does all the work for you. I think you just use a slider to choose how big you want the vista to be. I am not sure since I use the advanced option.

Also. If you managed to use that USB installer program to create the Ubuntu USB installer without accidentally copying it to C drive(some people may actually make that mistake, though the program tries its best to single out the flash drives) I am sure you will be fine

If I accidentally wiped Vista(it would be serendipity)....then it wouldn't be a great hardship.
I have duplicates of most of my files on an external hard drive......and I don't think there is much of anything in the way of documents because I only use the thing so infrequently.

I will follow the instructions for using Ubuntu alongside a windows program - these are given quite clearly.......so I'm not hoping to get into any trouble......however that doesn't mean to say I won't get into trouble.....and if that happens I know there are folk on here who would (perhaps) smile and then sort me out.

I have to try though.........because you never know what you can do until you try....and as I said it would boost my ego.

So many people are happy to go through life allowing others to do things for them, and in the process, they miss opportunities to test themsleves and to learn something new.

Not my way.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote