Thread: Windows Eight
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 10:11   #114
SamF

Re: Windows Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
and best of all most of them are doing it in Linux....

seriously, My wife(buttonsmum) is not technical and never wants to be so but has been Linux'd for 3 years or so and has never had an issue, never suffers from updates messing stuff up, never has to faff with anti virus/malware/firewall/software updates going wrong, it just "works"....

margaret/Jaysay/anyone in local hyndburn, if you want a demo of Linux I'm more than happy to demo it to prove its not some techo magic geek fest, and I'm sure Restless and SamF would be too... I'll also offer to install it(Ubuntu as a start) ALONGSIDE your Windows system so you can have a play without any risk as you would only need to restart and choose Windows at the new boot menu and you will have exactly what you have now(Restless/SamF please feel free to offer as well and we can no doubt cover the hyndburn area easily between us, any other Linux advocates feel free to shout up here or via PM).

(NOTE, there are a couple of anti-Linux trolls on Accyweb who will obviously be excluded from this offer, I'm happy to spend my time in useful education but have little enough spare time to waste it with people I know are just loooking to take the pee.)
In regards to this I'm always happy to help people out so by all means if anyone needs any help give me a shout - with me it would have to be via Phone or IM as I've moved to Derbyshire so it would be a bit impractical to make a house call.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote