Thread: Windows Eight
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 23:15   #122
susie123
Resting In Peace

Re: Windows Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Hmmm. I see it a different way, that art of writing stories etc is in the mind, the person/child knows what they want to write. The tool that they use is secondary. By sticking with just one option you are re-enforcing that one at the expense of flexibility in your childs mind. what will happen that day that they dont have Office 2010 in front of them, look at the number of people who struggled hugely when MS brought in the "Ribbon" interface... by encouraging use of different tools you bring a natural ability of being flexible into the mind of the person. Word processors are never " a million miles " different. the button might have a slightly different icon, or the option is on a different menu drop down, its 99% likely to be called the same and lets be honest 90% of people dont even know how to use Paragraph formatting properly and that was in the first versions of Word.
I've been using Word for ten years, for the first five of those I used it constantly in my job so I could almost use it in my sleep. I've just got Windows 7 and I find that damned ribbon irritating in the extreme - it takes me longer to find the functions than to write anything. I resent being slowed down like that by something I did not ask for and saw no reason to change. OK I'm an old fart but I'm sure I'm not the only one who's frustrated by it.