View Single Post
Old 16-04-2012, 12:55   #12
***Mr D***
Senior Member+

Re: Load of balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Has anyone noticed?
The long standing members are accused of being a cliquie?
No, sorry those of you simple minded enough to complain are wrong.
Not a clique just long standing members that have contributed to the site since in some cases from the beginning.
Look at other sites that started around the time we got together.
Where are they?
Perhaps with a hard core of members they too could still be going?
They are now unfortunately of no interest, AccyWeb continues, why?
The reason is simple, without grouping together, without forcing our views on the rest, we just comment.
Those that join planning to change what is working get upset, then say we are against you.
Wrong, wrong, wrong, we aren't against you, we just don't want you changing what actually works.
Put forward your view, but allow us to point out when you are talking rubbish.
AccyWeb is nearly ten years old, only because some of us have discussed/argued/chucked the dummy.
Not because we don't want new members, we like new members, however, why should new members be allowed to kill something that is working?
I have been here for a while, I have seen people come and people go.

Is anyone after changing AccyWeb? Some new members might not know how forums work, and feel bullied, having comments directed at them with some nice red Karma.

As it was me who mentioned Click recently first (Surprising how one little word has made it into so many other threads) I was only having a laugh with a Click member as he posted he was waiting for it to come. Seems alot of peole (same ones usually) get all defensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Oh and don't forget Less...if it isn't the Accyweb Clique(click for those who prefer that word - though it is wrong), it is the Accyweb Mafia.
I don't know how long you have to have been a member before you are drafted into the Accyweb Mafia - or maybe you have to have some other qualifying skill.
Whatever it is - I'm not in either!
Happen its the fact anyone doesn't agree with certain members or has a view point they cant understand the insults start, the red starts to flow and this is usually done in a pack like fashion.