View Single Post
Old 23-04-2012, 08:45   #11
susie123
Resting In Peace

Re: Don't Panic Everything Is Normal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Have arrived back in "Italia" after several weeks away and still can't get my head around the number of take-aways there are in Accy -do people no longer know how to cook over there I ask myself?

It was so nice to treat my still pained stomach to some fresh tomatoes and mozzarella this evening...perhaps next time I'm over I'll go for the kebabs, Less!
Well someone must be buying all the fresh meat from the butchers in the Market Hall - Accy is lucky to still have those...

As for the kidney beans - I thought beans were something of a staple of Italian cooking - and red beans aren't that different from cannellini or borlotti - or haven't you eaten those before either?

Where do your tomatoes come from in Italy at this time of year - surely even there they're not grown outside at this time of year?

The mushroom risotto sounds nice... sadly not allowed mushrooms any more. They are not digested very well and can come out as they went in which means they can bung up the hole in my colostomy - sweetcorn and nuts are banned too but I don't mind too much about that. When I grew all our own veg I used to make a lovely pumpkin risotto... food for the gods!