Thread: Vera
View Single Post
Old 26-04-2012, 08:53   #13
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToffeeGuy View Post
Not a bad programme, saved mainly by a good performance by Brenda Blethyn.

But it gets on my nerves when the plots don't add up, characters don't react in a realistic way or a character doesn't reveal an important piece of evidence until the last 10 mins.

Like in Sunday's episode when the policeman's daughter who was in the fire buried the body of the main suspect. I thought he'd died when they were making petrol bombs so it was an accident and she had done nothing wrong, so why get rid of the body?

And why didn't the woman who was pregnant by the suspected man tell the police that she had spoken to the woman who had buried him?

It could be cut down to an hour.

There's only one TV tec for me and that's Morse. They were well written, beautifully filmed and John Thaw was perfectly cast. One of the best shows ever on British TV.

I'd give an honourable mention to Juliet Bravo as well. Local locations and simple, well written drama about old fashioned bobbies on the beat.
I agree about Juliet Bravo, I was actually based in Bacup when they were making that series and they used Bacup nick as to outside shots for the program, often saw some of the actors in and about the town at the time