View Single Post
Old 28-04-2012, 20:44   #10
Revived Red
Senior Member+

Re: Bristol Rovers game

We were totally outclassed by a faster, bigger and more organised side. There were some good individual performances. Bavs could not be blamed for any of the goals and he made a couple of brilliant saves. Toto continued to impress with some fine tackles. But I have some worries about tactics.

Too often we seemed completely disorganised - I noted at least 3 occasions when 3 Stanley players were going for the same ball. When that happens, if a Stanley player wins it, two must be out of position making distribution that much more difficult. If an opponent still wins it, he has taken 3 Stanley players out of the game. Evans and Devitt seem to change wings far too often. It may well be an attempt to confuse the opposition but it does not help our central midfielders and defenders when they are trying to find a colleague.

Also the long ball tactic is a complete waste of time when our lone striker is several inches smaller than the two central defenders he faces. And I have to express some concerns about our lone striker. I know that Podge has his fans and he is tireless in his efforts, but just how effective is he as a striker? He could and should have had at least a couple of goals today. He was in a good position but lacked the clinical finishing skills needed.

That's my two penn'orth anyway.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote