View Single Post
Old 29-04-2012, 18:03   #13
DaveinGermany
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: How PC can you get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I just don't really see the problem with somebody choosing to make a word gender neutral word when they are speaking.
And that my friend, is half the problem. Because people such as yourself are prepared to accept this disassembling of the English language, it panders to those who would take apart & subjugate our heritage & culture. Should we be combing through the classics of Shakespeare/Dickens & the likes, rewriting them to mollycoddle the possibly offendable ?

The English language has a vast variety of terms & expressions that are readily applicable to any given situation, manned-unmanned was the adjective that should have been used, who exactly can take offence at such ?? Some mad raging feminist dyke ?? Oh deary me, looks like I'm being an unthinking, boorish, male chauvinistic pig !

Whoops again, I've no doubt caused untold offence (to pigs & effeminate males who're in touch with their feminine side & feel unfairly accused because of their gender, or those feminists that aren't dykes, perchance the league of lesbians who may be averse to the connotation of the expression dyke) with my last statement. The Pig & the affected males or any of those mentioned may not say as much & in all honesty aren't in the least bothered, but somewhere, some whining simpering liberal will on their behalf & that is the crux of the problem.

Where exactly does it stop ?? Are we forever to just not say anything to anyone for fear of offending ? So you see why I take issue with your reasoning & docile compliance.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 29-04-2012 at 18:06.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote