View Single Post
Old 30-04-2012, 23:26   #81
accyman
God Member

Re: Arndale another one bites the dust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
maybe reduce them to attract business
yup not content with building the whitebirk industrial estate and arndale that killed accy center the council crippled the shops and market stalls that stuck it out with high rents and extortionate council tax.Also putting double yellow lines outside shops then giving people tickets for loading outside their own shops wasnt a show of supporting the retailer either

Then there was the destruction of the outdoor market which put almost all of the stall holders out of buisness as they couldnt be accomodated on broadway in those blue metal hut things that were dumped there so by teh time the market was finished most of teh stall holders had moved on and this is why most of the stalls only sell junk now

dont know what the current lot are doing but i wouldnt hold your breath on retailers getting a helping hand but i do hope i am proven wrong .Mind you if they are a big buisness and offer to build a roundabout and splash a bit of tarmac down it seems to do the trick around here when you need a little help with pesky planning etc

It seems so easy to pick fault and remember what has been done to screw our town up and it shouldnt be infact it would be nice if noticable efforts were remembered and im sorry but flash dances and foriegn foodmarkets dont save towns they come and go its long term plans that are needed and preferably ones that work with the retailers and give breaks when times are tough.

only when it was too late did teh council drop the parking disc scheme.By the time it was dropped all it meant was that you didnt have to display a disk when nipping to pundland for batteries or a browse through charity shops

dont get me started on the new look market hall if that little steak through the towns heart didnt finish teh town off i dont know what it will take to do so but it wont be pretty.

edit:

hang on the new bus station may do it !!!

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 30-04-2012 at 23:31.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote