View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 15:07   #47
mobertol
God Member

Re: Are registered members frightening?

I joined to play the daily quiz against my mum -then found it was interesting to "talk" to Accywebbers -better company than my cats as they answer back and can often make you laugh. As a newbie some people come across as a bit strident -I had an early run-in with Less (as many do!) but you do get a feel for what people are like over time and begin to understand how they tick and what their "bug-bears" are and their sense of humour. I really miss the lanky sense of humour -and no-one gets me over here in Italy, they just think the British are a sarky lot and get offended! There are such a range of opinions to be shared and things to be learned from others and that's what keeps it interesting.
Some have come and gone - who could forget "Groove" or "The Cardinal" -whatever happened to him I wonder -I always had a feeling it was A-B dressed in red!
That's a funny thing too -you have an idea in your mind about how people are in "real-life" and having met a few Accywebbers now i can say that that they have been pretty much as i imagined them so far -with the odd exception, won't say who!
I have seen that in the past they used to have fairly regular local meets and social evenings, which seem to be much less frequent now -seems like a shame. I do know that some meet regularly in the Railway pub on a Saturday morning in town -wish I'd had the courage to drop in when i was around recently but I've never been into a pub on my own -maybe next time and then i can confirm what I've been told, that Less is actually really quite nice...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote