View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 17:23   #55
sm_counsell

Re: Are registered members frightening?

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
I spent a few weeks as an observer before registering and jumped right in with both feet with a very long post about my childhood in Accy, thoughts I had been mulling over for some time and wanted to get down in words. I didn't even know there was an "introduce yourself" section !

I was overwhelmed with the good reception my thread received and was made to feel very welcome by many people. Similarly when I posted about my illness a few months people were so very supportive. I guess I must have struck a chord with some folks and they feel like a family now... and as with most families there are ups and downs and some people who get on your nerves but all in all it's been a very good experience for me and helped me through some hard times.

It may be my attitude that has helped me get along so well here but it's also the thought of a community out there who are very caring about someone they may never meet. Is there a cure for this addiction? I hope not!
I agree with you Susie, I too never introduced myself and it took me ages to get the hang of the forum. I think I couldn't do without it now although often when I haven't much time, I just take a quick look at what's on without registering, so I probably appears a one of those guests!!. I think it's probably a bit of shyness for some people or perhaps many just don't understand Cashman when he uses pure dialect ( I love it personally)!!
sm_counsell is offline   Reply With Quote