View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 22:29   #128
davemac
Senior Member+

Re: Are registered members frightening?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Everyone is entitled to their opinion - but i don't see how someone's opinion can be at the expense of others or keep regulars away from the site. Do you really think that is happening? Has someone said they are staying away for this reason?

We can all start up threads about what interests us and talk about those subjects freely with others who are interested.

There has been a rash of exchange about drugs fom certain members which I did make a few comments about initially but then, because I have nothing useful to add on the subject, have given it a wide berth and I think that quite a few others have done the same to avoid getting into a spiral of useless comments and personal insults which was leading nowhere fast. Luckily there are plenty of other interesting subjects to talk about and fun things to laugh about and in any case they'll soon get fed-up of banging on about their own little "rebellions" sooner or later.

I have never used the ignore button - i 'd rather see someones opinion and then choose to ignore or disregard their comment afterwards...that's if I can be bothered to read some of it.
Giving certain subjects a big swerve would be fine if the people on those drug threads didn't bring their septic view over onto other threads to continue the indoctrination.
I started this thread to get an explanation why we always had more guests online than members, it went fine until the drugs gang turned up trolling on this thread.

The arrival of this group took the humour out of the postings, pushed the regulars off line, and I shouldnt be forced to abandone my thread because of the nasty posters.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote