View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 22:41   #131
Eric
God Member

Re: Are registered members frightening?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yes, I have not been here as much as I ordinarily would be.
I found the drug threads and the acrimony they provoked really tiresome........and I didn't want to read all that stuff. I did try to avoid it, but found comments relating to these threads seeping into totally unrelated subjects.
And to hear long term members who have been regular contributors called the 'three stooges'....in a way that is not only derogatory, but insulting too....well to put no fine point on it, it wasn't pleasant visiting the site...so I didn't.
I accept that folk are entitled to their opninions and rightly so, but I don't want to find those opinions ranted about in every other post.

And if that sounds petty it isn't meant to be. I just tell it like it appears to me...my own view.
I agree, hon (Ooops ... does "hon" make us a clique?) ... it's the acrimony that p's me off ... it really has nothing to do with drugs; if the topic were the "Care and Maintenance of Pandas" it would crop up. Some posters there are who believe that there is a clique, a bunch of insiders who want to rule the roost. The fact that there is no clique, that there are no clicks, doesn't seem to penetrate their skulls. Members of the non-existent clique are rightfully upset about this. Unfortunately, it ain't gonna change any time soon.

Oh ... I forgot ... there is a clique ... The Fellowship of The Hat Right now, it's only me (I know, Susie, it should be "I"; but that sounds two clumbsy) and DaveinGermany who are members. It's open to anyone who has been hammered in The Hat. And for the month of May, those who have driven by The Hat, or flown over it, are invited to apply for membership. Have a nice day, eh.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote