View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 12:25   #3
mobertol
God Member

Re: Child Exploitation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I just wonder what would happen to these men in their own community if they abused girls of their own background in this way......or for that matter what would be the outcome if it had been white males 'grooming' muslim girls for their own pleasure.

I hope that more people from the muslim/Pakistani community come out and decry the crimes committed by these men...but I won't hold my breath.
Unfortunately Margaret there is a lot of abuse within their own community (see 2nd article Eric posted) it is quite common as the culture of the people is different and the "norms" of their society are different too. Women as a whole do not expect to be treated well in Pakistan -girls who rebel there are subjected to "Honour" crimes (often murder and even rape by their own family members) and well-reported cases both in the UK, Italy and other countries document this fact.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote