View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 21:16   #233
Restless
Senior Member+

Re: Are registered members frightening?

Since you are cryptic about it, for me its hard to me to figure out who you mean but it seems to me that those that are doing the 'hijacking' as you say are actually long registered members. Take kestrelx for example. Not everybody 'gets' him and he gets some stick-- but he has been posting here since 2004! I have also been using this site since around 2004.(on and off)

This is a public forum, not a private party and drivel is subjective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heth View Post
I do think some new members have a knack of not frighten off older members but make it hard work for them to post.

I have avoided many threads these past few weeks just coz I cannont be bothered with all the drivel that comes out of some members.
I think the ones who know me all know who I am talking about.
It is a shame as it does put off what could be a good discussion but it gets hi-jacked and many members that have been here a while are put off posting just like me.
MargP has mentioned a few times that recently she has felt the same.
Other members may think why dont you start another discussion but the way things are at the moment it wont take long before that is hi-jacked aswell.

To the original question, to be honest I joined to play in the arcade as I were bored at work one night! Realised I had to post 5 posts before I could play and the rest as they say is history!
I didnt jump straight in I waited and read a while before getting stuck in.

I am glad that I joined, I have learnt alot and made some good friends.
I did write a blog when I had been here a year...............

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/b...lot-wiser.html