View Single Post
Old 13-05-2012, 09:36   #127
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Greece........................Sink or Swim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
So there's talk of Greece being kicked out of the Euro because they can't elect a government that can agree terms with 'the bankers'.

Now perhaps i'm thick, but....

A bank is somewhere I put my money so that thieves can't steal it. 'The bankers' look after it, give me a little bit of interest, lend it to others more needy and make that interest back plus a little bit for their trouble, and that's just peachy, everyone's a winner.

Then I lose the plot...why can 'the bankers' dictate government (or European) policy? They produce nothing for the community, they don't defend the community, they don't provide for the community.

They take risks to make more money and when they fail they make the community bail them out, they pay themselves massive bonuses (even when they screw up) at the expense of the community, and they wine and dine world leaders to influence government policy at the expense of the community.

So maybe, just maybe, the Greeks who are arguably the founding fathers of democracy, philosophy and modern civilisation, are leading the pack once again.

But then again, maybe I'm just thick!
No Gremlin your not thick, you've just grasped whats been going on for hundreds of years and will carry on until some one comes up with something better, but with politicians world wide have their noses embedded deeply in the trough don't expect it anytime soon