Thread: Lazy women
View Single Post
Old 19-05-2012, 19:55   #29
susie123
Resting In Peace

Cool Re: Lazy women

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
I am unfortunate enough to have to look after my wife night and day due to her illness and maybe I am going against my gender but now I realize just how hard working she was.
Not only did she work but came home to cook, wash and clean for me, even clean my boots for work and made my breakfast as I was getting up.

I have had a crash course in using the microwave and found a quick route to a chippy, I know how to make a bed and wash up. Luckily I can afford a cleaner twice week, something we didn't have when she worked.

I am not crawling to the females on here, just stating a fact.
Well said Gremlin and congratulations on your honesty.

My partner has found much the same thing recently as he has been doing much of the things I normally do but can't at the moment due to illness. He now realises what goes on to keep things running smoothly at home. And he's doing a fulltime job as well. I'm eternally grateful to him for taking on these tasks but it doesn't stop me getting cross at him when he comes home with the wrong shopping or doesn't understand when I tell him how to cook something. Roll on the day when I can get back to normal and at least give the house a good clean - fancy looking forward to something as mundane as that!