View Single Post
Old 22-05-2012, 09:10   #192
susie123
Resting In Peace

Re: My early life in Accy 1946-68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbie View Post
Hi

I have just found your phots of central prep I am Mariae Allen it has brought back so many memories for me I also remember Mrs backhouse she slapped me so hard with a ruler and made me kneel us beside her desk my knees re still sore I also remember miss backhouse she lived on owen street I lived on haywood road I also remeber eric steedman I had a big crush on him I now live in Lanzarote we retired here last May and are enjoying our retirement here if you know or hear from any of the central prep pupils i would love to get in touch with them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbie View Post
Hi Sue
I lived on haywood road and went to miss caulfields school also walked there and back with my sister margaret and hazel irving she lived on owen street do you remember those heavy coats we had to wear in the winter and the panama hats in the summer and you couldn't take your blazer off no matter how hot it was - I knew all those shops we lived next door to leightons shop and i helped out in her shop weighing potatoes i used to play with her daughters margaret rita and lenora I don't know if you knew me i was Maria Allen
Maria, I remember you and your sister and Hazel Irving very well. I was one of the ones who used to walk with you every day! From one side of town to the other - we certainly got our exercise!

Glad you enjoyed my posts - it's amazing how the memories start to flow once you start writing or reading them.

I'm not in touch with anyone from CPS so can't help you there but keep looking on Accyweb and you never know what/who you might find!