View Single Post
Old 28-05-2012, 09:31   #97
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Was Princess Diana Murdered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
I felt sad when she died and was shocked too, (it was so unexpected) but couldn't "get" the level of hysteria surrounding the funeral.
It wasn't really hysteria. Well not the sort of wailing, and shouting you see on the news, when people die in some Latin/Islamic countries.

It was definitely a very weird mood that week, the likes of which I've never experienced before.

The day of the funeral was a beautiful morning, and for London, despite the crowds, eerily silent for our capital city, without the usual drone of traffic. Even the birds were silent. Probably spooked by the hushed masses, stood underneath their trees.

It certainly wasn't how the British normally behave.

Stiff upper lips were discarded, and stranger comforted stranger. As you might hope would happen, after some terrible incident, such as a terrorist attack.

To see thousands of people stand up, and applaud her brother's eulogy, was quite a sight.

All very odd.

I don't know why lots of people went a bit loopy, but I don't think it will ever happen again.

Lips have stiffened, once more.

When anyone dies at a young age, it's very sad.

With Diana, because of the media coverage there'd been about her, for nearly two decades, everyone seemed to think they knew her personally, even if they didn't particularly like her.

That's the only explanation I can come up with, about the mood of the nation that week.

As to was she murdered.

Dodi was a bit of a summer fling.

You'd have thought her two year affair with Hasnat Khan, and her stated intention to marry him, might have been the time to 'take her out'.

Last edited by garinda; 28-05-2012 at 09:36.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote