View Single Post
Old 30-05-2012, 12:08   #2
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: East Lancashire health and lifestyle survey from the NHS.

A few months ago we got notification about something similar....it must have been around the Easter Bank holidays....the letter informed me that the people carrying out the survey would send an interviewer to ask questions....and gave the interviewers name.
I rang the number given on the letter declining to participate....I also e-mailed them, again to decline the'invitation' to participate......not that it mattered one jot.(there was no-one there...it being a Bank Holiday weeknd)
They still sent some chap round with a clipboard to interview us. I told him that I had contacted the company and declined to paticipate.
This man then started to berate me about 'people like me' wanting to take advantage of the NHS, but not wishing to answer questions about my experiences.
I told him that there was nothing in the letter that said it was compulsory, and I was exercising my right to refuse. He then said 'well what about your husband'........I told him that we had discussed the situation and did not want to take part.
I also told him that I had contacted his company to ensure they didn't send someone on a wild goose chase......he said he hadn't been told.

The NHS needs to concentrate on doing what they are supposed to do...treat the sick.
I just wondered how much this survey was costing, and how many cancer drugs it would have bought, or how many Doctors/Nurses salaries it would have paid.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote