View Single Post
Old 31-05-2012, 09:19   #15
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: East Lancashire health and lifestyle survey from the NHS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I accept that there needs to be some information gathering, but surely this is better done by people who actually want to volunteer the information.
If you make it clear that you don't want to participate, then that should be enough, it should not be the practice for someone to come and intimidate you into answering the questions.

I would have complained about our interviewers attitude, but having sent the form back with the information that we didn't want to participate, made this impossible.
I did try to remember the e-mail details, I had deleted the sent e-mail from my files, figuring that I would not need it again........Lesson learned.
The think that annoys me more than anything is, although I haven't received one, yet I can't honestly believe the necessity. The last time I was in Hospital (2009) the sister had to complete a questionnaire on admittance which took around 15 minutes, plus at around the same time the ambulance drivers started to fill in forms, in triplicate, for patients being transported using oxygen, that was both journey's, but on my last trip it seems that's been stopped, what patients want is less red tape not more, but of course that would mean fewer pen pushers and we can't have that can we