Thread: Room 101
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 21:40   #52
susie123
Resting In Peace

Re: Room 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Don't forget DARTS....and SNOOKER....odious pursuits.
No - I don't mind those - in fact I can tolerate most other sports like foorball cricket and rugby. But people take tennis so seriously especially at Wimbledon, golf is just so long drawn out, and motor racing is so noisy, for a start, and there's far too much money involved. Please don't tell me that's true of most sports, I know, it just seems so much more in your face with the cars.

I wouldn't say I would watch any of the other sports for long, but darts is quite fun on a cold winter's evening at the start of the new year, and I have been known to watch Morecambe v Stanley on the odd occasion.

I haven't mentioned athletics and racing - have been to both dogs and horses and enjoyed them both, and athletics can be quite interesting if you watch a series of heats in any event. And I do enjoy catching the odd glimpse of things like rowing and gymnastics during the olympics - oh and the weightlifting! and the winter olympics too...

So I shall not be glued to the screen for the olympics but maybe it would be better to have the games on the other side of the world then there would only be a highlights package to watch rather than wall to wall coverage!