View Single Post
Old 13-06-2012, 18:43   #730
Eric
God Member

Re: Did Graham Jones do the right thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
'The Labour Party manifesto calls for a 100% elected House of Lords. However, the Labour Party also believes that before making such a huge change, there should be a referendum – only if the country votes through a referendum for Lords Reform should it go ahead.'

Graham Jones MP: Lords Reform should not go ahead just to appease the Liberal Democrats

Oh well, if those pulling the strings, say a referendum is the only answer, when there's momentous change planned, that's ok then.

I suppose a referendum would 'settle the issue democratically'.

Which Graham Jones posted on here would also be the case, in a referendum on E.U. membership.

Two short weeks prior to voting against us having that democratic right.

After all, the European Union has momentously changed, from when we voted in a referendum to join an economic trade alliance called the Common Market.
Hey ... that Common Market thing wasn't a bad idea. I have neither the time nor the inclination to trace how it grew, or mutated into the EU though The mess that the EU is in will certainly affect economies world wide ... us too. If the Greeks pull out; and if you guys get the referendum you want and deserve, the whole thing will come apart ... good riddance too. There will be a lot of short term pain, no doubt; but the long term gain will more than make up for it. And the Hun will for a third time in a century lose out in attempt at dominating Europe

Obviously I have no love for Germany; but you gotta admire their resilience and tenacity Maybe the Germans have been reading their Sun Tzu: "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote