View Single Post
Old 13-06-2012, 22:14   #29
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: funny how democracey works for some and not others

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToffeeGuy View Post
No doubt if there was a referendum on leaving the EU people would vote Yes.

If there was a vote on bringing back hanging there would probably be a Yes vote.

If there was a vote to cut taxes there would probably be a Yes vote.

All the things above would be popular. But Governments aren't elected to be popular but to do the right thing. And staying in the EU is the right thing.
Oh what a clever argument.

When it's decided we are allowed a say, whether we want E.U. membership, or not, via a referendum, I'll now vote we stay in.

The point is, Mr. Suck a Fisherman's European Friend, the British people have never been asked, or voted whether they wanted to be part of some Franco-Germanic controlled federal European state.

We deserve that right.

I've already said many, many times, if the majority of people vote to stay in the E.U., I'll have no beef with that, and will totally accept the outcome of a process, that arrived at a decision democratically.

The argument is about people having the right to decide their destiny, in a referendum, because what the European Union is, is very far removed from the Common Market we joined.

The pros and cons, of staying in, or leaving, will happen once we are given the right to vote in a referendum.

It really is that simple.

Hopefully even you will be able to see that.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote